- MedRef.ca is a rapid-access wiki-based resource designed to provide a concise synopsis of key practice guidelines and research literature for Canadian Internal Medicine residents and medical students.
- We hope that this site will facilitate rapid aquisition of Canadian Royal College Competencies for Internal Medicine.
- The articles presented on this website can also be used as a syllabus for teaching medicine.
- To create the best possible Internal Medicine reference website for studying and teaching, and make it available to everyone for free.
How Information is Created
- Lengthy guidelines and articles are condensed to key points, and organized into tables, charts and hierarchical headings for high-yield learning.
- Key points and clinical pearls are further highlighted throughout the text.
- Research studies are in blue
- Content is created as a wiki, which allows for collaboration among a community among medical trainees.
- Everything remains in the public domain (Wikipedia Style), but please follow references for permission to reproduce content.
- As with any online resource, exercise clinical judgement when implementing management strategies found here.
- References are provided, and learners should cross-check details (esp. drug doses) with current reference materials
- You are welcome to post suggested changes in the comments section of articles or send feedback for any major issues.